Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 350 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
$90,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates!
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, bonus plan, annual community commitment bonus and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders.
Top reasons to live in Las Vegas, Nevada:
- 300+ days of sunshine, annual average temperature of 70 degrees, beautiful desert flowers and red rock canyons
- The best of superstar shows, concerts, sporting events, restaurants and shopping available 365 days a year!
- NO STATE INCOME TAX, affordable housing, wonderful recreation available: Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon, Colorado River, Lake Powell, Mt. Charleston (11,000 ft elevation) are all nearby; Las Vegas is situated a short distance from 10 Scenic National Parks; Las Vegas is also a Golfers Paradise with 40+ neighborhood and championship courses
- Family Medicine / Internal Medicine Residency trained, board certified or board eligible; ability to obtain Nevada license, DEA, Pharmacy license
- Medical knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social behavioral sciences and application of this knowledge to patient care
- Interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and collaboration with patients, their families and other health professionals
- Possession of or acquisition of sufficient computer skills to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Records in their practice
- Practice-based learning and improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of their own patient care, appraisal and assimilation of scientific evidence and improvements in patient care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Family Practice, Las Vegas, Nevada, Southwest, Adult Medicine, Hospitalist, NV