DescriptionThe Senior Application Architect designs and develops IT applications architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Application Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Application Architect – Advanced Analytics & Engineering (Cognitive/Machine Learning)
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a part of the Technology team -- be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking an Application Architect to lead delivery of advanced analytic applications and systems related to the Extended 360 (ex360) initiative. This person is responsible for the internal architectural design of these applications, and for the design of the interfaces through which the applications interact with the rest of the enterprise. This person is also responsible for the effective integration of their application into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate. This person must be able to design solutions that are elegant, innovative, feasible, maintainable, and aligned with IT and business strategy.
The Application Architect is not only called to understand and follow enterprise guidelines, as well as utilize common application design frameworks and design patterns in their work; they are also expected to share feedback and learning back out to the enterprise. Thus, the Application Architect also serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for their application to other architects, and as a feedback loop back into the enterprise architecture portfolio.
- Define the current application architecture, and identify issues within it, including tracking technical debt
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
- Ensure the design meets the business service level agreements (SLAs) for availability and performance.
- Refine and/or redesign application architecture to be more cost-effective, including the optimal selection of implementation technologies, practices, and skills for application delivery success.
- Iteratively document and improve architectural approaches, service design, and development processes and approaches.
- Integrate each application solution into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate.
- Create and maintain application architecture deliverables and artifacts (e.g. S.A. D.).
- Estimate new effort accurately and document processes thoroughly
- Communicate complex ideas and solutions in a way that both IT and business partners can easily grasp
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 6+ years design, development, and testing of software applications
- Experience with:
- SOA design and development
- Back-end databases
- Technologies in use in the application(s)
- Unit testing and mocking
- Source control use and strategies
- Experience or knowledge of advanced analytics technologies (Hadoop, Cloud, Python, Spark, Hive, NoSQL, etc.) in use in the application(s) and infrastructure
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40