No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As a senior technical leader and consultant, you'll provide services to strengthen and improve health care operations that result in stronger financial returns and help make the health care system work better for everyone. Your focus will be on the organization’s strategic vision to support the increasing demands of interoperability between health systems and you will independently provide specific systems consulting, analysis, resolve data integration issues for technical infrastructures of all complexities and provide overall leadership.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plan, design, implement, document and maintain an enterprise EDI solution for interacting with customers, vendors, and banks as required.
- Research and troubleshoot EDI communication issues and provide technical expertise to customers to assist troubleshooting with their solution
- Create and maintain onboarding documentation (companion guides) to provide to customers and vendors to easily interface with existing EDI solution
- Provide full life cycle support for code changes in the production environment and development of new extensions to existing platform
- Assist customers and vendors in planning, testing, and implementing EDI solutions. Develop custom configuration as necessary to support unique customer requirements
- Expand on opportunities to increase the use of EDI throughout the organization, especially with customers
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in the field of EDI and software.
- Maintain a high proficiency level with system architectures and database system models.
- Lead the overall delivery of projects including the direct management of project team members. Perform project management duties including the creation of status reports, work plans and presentations to client leadership
- Review and approve developer detail design documents, data structure diagrams and code assets
- Ensure quality assurance by directing unit test activities including the development of test cases and publication of unit test results
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Develop financial models and tools, including cost-benefit analysis, resource utilization models and performance reports
- Strong Knowledge in a wide variety of EDI concepts, practices and procedures. Experience with a health insurance company, TPA, or claim processor and a thorough understanding on the underlying structure of claims and enrollment transactions
- In depth understanding of HIPAA EDI transactions like 27X, 8XX, 99 etc.
- Exceptional Customer Service Orientation and ability to build a nimble and responsive application development solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a business partner with all levels and functional areas of the organization
- Strong analytical thinker with innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to trouble shoot challenging data centric problems
- Strong knowledge of SQL including ability to analyze complex stored procedures.
- Extensive experience converting data from a wide variety of systems and file formats
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams.
- Define application technology strategy and architecture to ensure alignment with technology industry standards, application technology roadmap, and business needs. Research emerging technologies and solutions to solve complex business problems. Propose and maintain reference architecture.
- Partner with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers to define and review requirements. Advise and consult with senior leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology solutions.
- Recommend changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- 3+ years of EDI experience in Health Industry with preference for payer claims operations
- Proficient with traditional and non-traditional forms of EDI
- Travel is based on project requirements, scope and location
- Projects may require up to 80% travel
- If travel is required, typical travel schedule is out early Monday, back late Thursday with option to telecommute from home on Friday.
- 4 year College Degree - a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Math, Computer Science, Engineering or MIS)
- 2+ years of working in an advisory role for a Professional Management Consulting organization (preferably Big 4)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.