This new opening will work closely with linguists and medical coders to develop state-of-the-art medical NLP software with the aim of reducing the cost of healthcare. The department is looking for a self-motivated individual who would be willing to learn and work in multiple technologies, both individually and as a part of cross-functional teams.
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering, NLP Innovation.
- Develop internal tools to support the department’s linguists and medical coders
- Develop and maintain interfaces between NLP components and other systems
- Improve accuracy and performance of NLP engines
- Research and identify of new technologies, systems and/or applications of relevance to company NLP goals
- Resolve customer reported defects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Mathematics or a related discipline
- 3+ years in .NET development
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Unit testing
- Experience with Drools
- MS SQL
- WCF and/or Web Services
- Experience analyzing very large datasets
- Experience with natural language processing techniques and text analytics
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software, software engineering, API, component development, application development, SOA, SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Sprints, Information Technology, IT, technology, Optum, San Diego, CA