This new opening will work closely with linguists and medical coders to develop state-of-the-art medical NLP software with the aim of reducing the cost of healthcare. The department is looking for a self-motivated individual who would be willing to learn and work in multiple technologies, both individually and as a part of cross-functional teams.
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering, NLP Innovation.
- Develop internal tools to support the department’s linguists and medical coders
- Develop and maintain interfaces between NLP components and other systems
- Improve accuracy and performance of NLP engines
- Research and identify of new technologies, systems and/or applications of relevance to company NLP goals
- Resolve customer reported defects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Mathematics or a related discipline
- 3+ years in .NET development
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Unit testing
- Experience with Drools
- MS SQL
- WCF and/or Web Services
- Experience analyzing very large datasets
- Experience with natural language processing techniques and text analytics
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software, software engineering, API, component development, application development, SOA, SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Sprints, Information Technology, IT, technology, Optum, San Diego, CA