Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role focuses on development of the Provider network for Northern New England. This will include physicians and facilities. The network created will yield a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. The role will evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with physician or hospital providers, and ensuring the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of the Northern New England (ME/NH/VT) Healthcare Market. Additionally, the candidate should have knowledge of ICD-10, CPT-4 and other coding.
If you are located within travel distance to New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Work with minimal guidance; seek guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Act as a resource for others with less experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting or provider services
- 3+ years of experience negotiating rates with providers
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience in fee schedule development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, and ability to convey complex or technical information
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
- Strong customer service skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Contracting, Provider Relation, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire , Contracting, Provider Relations, RBRVS, Medicare, Provider Services