The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
is an individual membership professional organization representing more than
100,000 member physical therapists (PTs), physical therapist assistants (PTAs),
and students of physical therapy. APTA seeks to improve the health and quality
of life of individuals in society by advancing physical therapist practice,
education, and research, and by increasing the awareness and understanding of
physical therapy's role in the nation's health care system.
The Coordinator provides administrative support for the specialist certification program within the Postprofessional Credentialing Division of the Education Department.
· Prepares and submits application materials for specialty council to
review/evaluate for initial certification.
· Responds to general inquiries from potential applicants and certification
· Serves as primary staff liaison to relevant APTA sections, monitoring
website content and providing current program information.
· Answers telephones and responds to routine correspondences and general information requests
from applicants and board certified specialists.
· Coordinates the nomination process for volunteer leadership.
· Provides administrative support for examination item development efforts.
· Coordinates logistical arrangements for all specialist certification program
· Some travel maybe required.
· Minimum of 3 years' administrative experience
· Strong administrative and data management skills
· Excellent organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines
· Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skillsEqual Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org