This role is challenging. You’ll need to have a strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in preparing prescriptions for other pharmacy support staff or for our members. Ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential as these prescriptions are critical to our members’ health and well - being.
- Use multiple computer systems to obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received and produce mailing labels
- Utilize the best method for product packing and shipping based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory and complete necessary scanning and packaging as necessary
- Maintain various machines and equipment (e.g. IPD machines, auto packing machines)
- Limited work experience.
- Works on simple tasks using established procedures.
- Depends on others for guidance.
- Work is typically reviewed by others.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 5:30 pm with the ability to change shifts as needed and to work weekends and overtime as business needs
- 1+ years of prior experience in shipping / receiving
- Must be able to stand and walk around for an 8 - hour shift
- Must be able to consistently lift 20 - 30 lb. boxes
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.