We are currently in search of a Warehouse Supervisor to support our local branch team. This full time position offers medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k.
Qualified candidates will be able to support the Branch Manager in the planning, scheduling, directing and execution of the day-to-day warehouse activities of a branch in the Book Fair Organization. Evaluate and asses the team to ensure adherence to company standards and policies, and optimal performance. This candidate will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring process for warehouse staff. Conduct orientation for newly hired associates, including mentoring, through 90-day orientation period.
- Supervise, develop, and train all warehouse personnel and maintain peak level of associate morale and motivation within organization for maximum level of productivity and associate retention.
- Schedule staff and maintain attendance records. Assist in Labor Hours Tracking - Actual vs. Budget.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, or Production Manager, evaluate & document warehouse associates’ job performances; conduct all warehouse performance appraisals; recommend salary changes; and set performance goals.
- Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive but not limited to OSHA, DOT, and EEOC
- Assist Branch Manager, or Production Manager, in the use and execution of production planning system and management of Branch P&L’s.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required, College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience with a distribution or manufacturing organization preferred.
- Ability to analyze, develop, initiate, and implement plans and strategies to achieve goals.
- Strong computer skills; ability to navigate through the internet, MS Office, and email preferred.
- Ability to utilize scanner systems effectively with minimal errors.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and direct associates.
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs., push/pull up to 300 lbs., climbs ladders without assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work over-time and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Valid drivers license & acceptable motor vehicle report. (If operating company vehicle –motor vehicle record check and drug screening)