Provide food service to all guests with exceptional customer service.Responsibilities
- Requests customer order and depresses keys of multi-counting machine to simultaneously record order and compute bill.
- Selects requested food items from serving or storage areas and assembles items on serving tray or in takeout container.
- Notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Serves cold drinks, frozen milk drinks, or desserts
- Makes and serves hot beverages
- Receives payments.
- Cooks or apportions French fries or performs other minor duties to prepare food, serve customers, or maintain orderly eating or serving areas.
- Carries dirty dishes from dining room to kitchen.
- Wipes table tops and chairs with damp cloth.
- Replenishes supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes in dining room.
- Supplies condiment bar with items such as ketchup, mustard, butter and jelly.
- Cleans and polishes glass shelves and doors of service bars and equipment such as coffee urns and cream and milk dispensers.
- Makes coffee and fills fruit juice dispensers.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.