**Due to a high volume of inquiries and multiple hiring managers for these roles, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed will not receive a response **
**For this position we are seeking candidates with military experience. For more Financial Analyst Program opportunities please visit wellsfargo.com/careers.**
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo provides companies with the full spectrum of financial services they need to run their businesses including financing, cash management, international, insurance, investment banking and capital markets, short- and long-term investments and management, commercial real estate, and more.
The Financial Analyst Program is an early talent program that incorporates extensive training and coaching to help you build your analytical skills, master credit underwriting, and prepare you for a long term career at Wells Fargo.
OUR LENDING BUSINESSES
You may be placed in the following Wholesale Banking business based on hiring need:
- Middle Market Banking works with mid-sized companies in all industries with revenue between $20 million and $500 million
You will work closely with your office’s relationship team and develop expertise in the companies and industries you serve. Your responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing a company’s financial, operational, and management strengths and weaknesses to identify potential capital, balance sheet, and reputation risks
- Preparing comprehensive company annual financial reviews as well as underwriting memorandums focusing on a company’s leverage, key risk factors, sources of repayment, cash flow, and ability to service debt
- Assembling a variety of financial schedules including projections in support of recommended credit actions
- Identifying credit issues early in the underwriting process and recommending ways to reduce exposure
- Partnering with relationship managers to structure multi-million dollar transactions
- Reviewing loan agreements and other legal documents related to credit exposures
- Understanding client needs and identifying other Wells Fargo products and services that can help clients achieve their goals
- Monitoring of current events and financial information for highly visible, often publicly traded companies
- Participating in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers
SUPPORT FOR YOUR SUCCESS
We focus on your training and development so you’ll be prepared to take your next career step once you complete the program. You’ll get:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as a financial analyst. You will begin to build your analytical skills and understanding of credit by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities.
- Credit fundamentals training: You will attend three in-person courses during the Financial Analyst Program to advance your credit underwriting proficiency.
- Specialized training: Your line of business will offer specialized training to foster a deeper understanding of your business and, you’ll become familiar with financial, technical, and operational tools and processes to help you improve your credit underwriting/problem-solving skills.
YOUR NEXT STEP
Financial analysts who successfully complete the program are on their way to a long-term career. The program is ideal for preparing you for the following paths:
- Credit analyst: Evaluate clients and their businesses to determine the best financing structure for both the client and Wells Fargo.
- Relationship manager: Manage client relationships by working with a company’s business principals to understand their short and long-term needs and to structure the financing and banking products that help them achieve their goals.
- Portfolio manager: Oversee the loan portfolio for an office or line of business.
- Credit Management Training Program (CMTP): A select number of high-performing graduates from the Financial Analyst Program are nominated for this intensive credit training program. CMTP is a four month classroom-based program that builds on the fundamental credit training you receive in the Financial Analyst Program. Using case studies and real-life scenarios, CMTP covers the ways that our lending groups approach credit underwriting and risk management.
We have analyst positions available nationwide.
For additional information about the Financial Analyst Program and the various businesses of Wells Fargo, please visit: www.wellsfargojobs.com/early-careers
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial analysis, credit analysis, statistical analysis, or statement spreading; or a BS/BA degree or higher granted prior to hire date
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Relevant military experience
- Proven leadership, self-motivation and success through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or volunteer activities
- Bachelor's degree
- Separation from military by December 2018 or May / June 2019
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.