This position is responsible for assisting in the laboratory as directed. Primary responsibilities include aiding sterile technicians in the preparation of products for entry into the clean room, organization and cleanliness of the laboratory, inspecting compounding ingredients for appropriate expiration dates and defects, and ordering and maintenance of supplies. Proper packaging and accurate labeling of prescription medications is also necessary.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. UHG / UHC reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of the program.
Properly heat seal plastic bags containing Avastin syringes
Ensures work stations are clean and properly stocked with supplies
Opens and wipes down IV bags with isopropyl alcohol for entry into the clean room
Check all medication being prepped for expiration dates and defects
Consistently track inventory levels and notify supervisor if stock is low
Places received items into stock
Cleaning of laboratory and laboratory equipment as directed
Packages orders neatly and according to established guidelines
Completes special projects assigned by supervisor or director
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Technician in Training license required
- Experience working in a Laboratory OR Pharmacy OR Medical environment
- Knowledge or Experience with Quality Control
- Ability to work Monday- Friday 3 PM- 11:30 PM
- Certified and licensed Pharmacy Technician preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work station provided at mail order facility to complete assigned tasks
- Full-time position (staggered work shifts) **hours may require a little flexibility
- Fast paced work environment
- Ongoing mentoring and professional nurturing
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: Laboratory Clerk - Pharmacy Clerk - pharmacy technician - 2nd Shift