At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Abbot Downing serves families and individuals, as well as endowments and foundations, to help preserve and grow assets while building legacies across generations. We go beyond traditional financial planning and asset management services to help clients address the financial, social and personal dimensions of wealth.
Abbot Downing's 300 professionals serve clients in all 50 states. Our service model gives clients the attentiveness of a boutique firm complemented by the robust services of one of the strongest, most respected financial institutions in the world.
The Sr. Family Dynamics Consultant will strategically grow the business and serve the clients of the Abbot Downing group through delivery of differentiated specialty consulting services provided by Abbot Downing’s Institute for Family Culture (IFC). The IFC provides consulting services in four general areas of qualitative wealth planning for ultra-high-net-worth families: family dynamics, education and governance; family business transitions; social impact analysis; and family and business history. Collaborates with the AD Head of FD Consulting, AD Sr FD Manager, Senior Managing Director(s), Regional Managing Directors and client-facing professionals to surface, prioritize and cultivate family dynamics consulting opportunities that enable business acquisition, business expansion or business retention. Typical areas of consultation and service delivery include: legacy planning; leadership development and family governance; parenting amid affluence; family education; transition planning; philanthropy as a family endeavor; values clarification; communication; and the preparation and education of heirs and beneficiaries for stewardship roles.
Directs the delivery of family dynamics services across the national Abbot Downing footprint, including the delivery to clients of professional consultation and both the facilitative processes and specific tools designed to align with their stated objectives. Collaborates with the AD Head of Institute for Family Culture, AD Sr. FD Manager, other business leaders and appropriate client-facing professionals to identify internal and external speaking engagements and other marketing opportunities that directly and indirectly build the Abbot Downing brand and highlight family dynamics consulting as a competitive differentiator. Develops and grows effective and collaborative internal partnerships with other Abbot Downing practice groups in the service of achieving business goals.
**This position will support the Southeast, Northeast and Midwest markets.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience advising and managing High Net Worth (HNW) individuals and families
- 5+ years consulting experience
- Previous consulting experience in an organization or corporate setting, including family business transition planning, family enterprise, family dynamics, wealth impact planning, family governance or next generation preparation of heirs/family legacy planning
- Demonstrated experience with multi-disciplinary advisors
- Demonstrated powerful and prolific oral and written communication skills. Successful track record of writing and public speaking
- PhD, EdD, PsyD or other advanced degree in psychology, sociology, education and related disciplines
- Familiarity with family systems theory practice
- Familiarity with family dynamics, family governance, family business transitions in the context of ultra-high-net-worth wealth
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.