At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Abbot Downing serves families and individuals, as well as endowments and foundations, to help preserve and grow assets while building legacies across generations. We go beyond traditional financial planning and asset management services to help clients address the financial, social and personal dimensions of wealth.
Abbot Downing's 300 professionals serve clients in all 50 states. Our service model gives clients the attentiveness of a boutique firm complemented by the robust services of one of the strongest, most respected financial institutions in the world.
The Sr. Wealth Planning Strategist plays a significant role in deepening and broadening relationships with existing clients, as well as developing/bringing new client relationships into Abbot Downing. Develops new clients jointly with internal partners as well as individually with external sources. Work in conjunction with Abbot Downing client service team to identify, evaluate, implement and administer financial planning strategies in serving ultra-high net worth client families. Provide support to office as a subject-matter expert for planning issues. The primary emphasis of this position is the qualitative and quantitative evaluation and presentation of strategies that complement the objectives of Abbot Downing clients. The scope of activities includes sophisticated wealth transfer strategies, philanthropic planning, business transition planning, cash flow analysis and other related areas.
Applies in-depth knowledge of estate planning, trust administration, financial planning and income tax planning issues in the development and review of multigenerational financial plans for Abbot Downing clients. Collaborates with Regional Managing Director/Managing Director of Planning on compliance and risk issues. Established knowledge of all phases of the planning process for family wealth clients including: client discovery, document review and analysis, quantitative analysis, selection of strategies, plan design, and plan delivery.
Works closely with colleagues in Institute for Family Culture to provide qualitative analysis as well as advice regarding communication, governance and family education/succession. Coordinates and integrates planning efforts with investment, banking and fiduciary services.
Reports to Managing Director of Planning with dual reporting to the Regional Managing Director. This role will support Northern California and Northwestern US markets.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: tax, financial, or wealth planning
- 10 years comprehensive financial planning experience with HNW clients
- 10+ years of estate planning experience with UHNW clients
- Advance degree and/or professional designations such as CFP, JD, CPA or Masters in Taxation
- Experience with financial planning software
- COIs and local market knowledge in the Northern California and Northwestern US markets
- Deep experience with clients in the $25+ million Net Worth segment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.