At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio of close to 2,500 customers and $37 billion in loans outstanding. Capital Finance offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate for this position will have the opportunity to learn and gain an understanding of the Credit Administration functions in an asset based lending environment with a broad range of borrower types in the middle market sector.
The Credit Analyst (CA) will work on a team with Relationship Managers ("RMs”), Credit Administrators and a Loan Portfolio Manager (LPM). This person will develop an intimate understanding of collateral management and cash flow analysis and be closely involved in daily account management on a portfolio of middle market credits. This person will also maintain and analyze financial information provided by borrowers and work with internal business partners to share information and address issues.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assist RMs in preparation of Credit Modification Requests (CMR) including detailed write-ups for review and discussions with Senior Credit Committee members
- Perform financial, cash flow and credit analysis of borrower’s financial statements, business plan and liquidity forecasts
- Review all covenant and compliance testing on assigned accounts
- Prepare and rationalize credit and regulatory risk ratings
- Develop responses for all field exams and appraisals for review and approval, working with the RM address significant trends or changes in key asset valuation and credit indicators or variables
- Perform regular review and analysis of required reporting submitted by borrowers including borrowing base certificates
- Assist with preparation of client strategies for targeted bank product services, attend client meetings, prepare call reports for customer meetings
- Complete periodic projects assigned by LPM and support the RMs as directed
- Actively participate in periodic group and department meetings
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of commercial lending experience, credit analysis experience, or a combination of both
- 2 +years of audit, appraisal or credit analysis experience;
- Ability to spread, analyze and work with financial statements;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of middle market corporate finance (Asset Based Lending experience a plus);
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.