At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio of close to 2,400 customers and more than $33 billion in loans outstanding. WFCF offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
This leadership role will manage the Middle Market Sales representatives throughout the Central U.S. This is a key position with responsibilities that include originations strategy and execution for Wells Fargo Capital Finance’s broad product suite, inclusive of ABL, Trade Capital, Specialty Lending and True Sale Receivable financing. This individual will lead an originations team charged with covering Middle Market borrowers through direct contact with company c-level execs and decision makers, while leveraging existing Wells Fargo relationships (MMB & BBG) to do the same. Additional responsibilities include working with external referral sources within the assigned territories to ensure visibility of our Middle Market lending practice and capabilities. Will require a thorough and detailed Sales Coverage model to identify potential new prospects; and identifying new resources to increase success of the Middle Market program. This individual will work closely with the National Originations Leader for the Middle Market, as well as leaders of Originations, Portfolio, Underwriting, and Credit) as well as leaders in other Wholesale lines of business.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of asset based lending experience, factoring experience, or a combination of both
- Business development experience
- Management experience
- 10+ years of experience in asset based finance, commercial, or corporate lending.
- Knowledge of both WFCF’s and Wells’ Wholesale Bank’s vast product suite
- Proven ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to drive for results and motivate a team to do the same
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment, partnering across lines of business to achieve client acquisition goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic perspective and champion change when necessary
- Successful track record of originating new credit and or client relationships, including transaction execution experience
- Prior experience building, developing and motivating a diverse team located in multiple geographies
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.