At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, reputation risk, and compliance risk. Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo corporate functions and lines of business soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The National Accounts Commercial Credit Team supports the largest and most complex commercial relationships in the Wells Fargo Auto portfolio from a Risk Management and underwriting perspective. The $2.5Bn portfolio consists of multiple syndicated credits as well as loan participations and large senior secured relationships. The Team consults with and seeks to grow with the largest public, mega-capitalization, private equity and family office businesses in the auto retailing and related spaces as consolidation concentrates ownership in the sector.
The Asset Based Lending Underwriter position is responsible for completing customer due diligence in accordance to corporate policy, conducting research, financial modeling and analysis and managing documentation for commercial transactions for Wells Fargo Auto. Responsibilities will include: underwriting of complex commercial lending transactions, analyzing client and prospect financial performance (both historical and future), and identifying relevant business, market and other commercial risks faced by the customer. The ABL Underwriter provides analysis to project and determine credit worthiness. This is done primarily through the preparation of risk assessments (credit reports) using results of analysis, and makes recommendations to grant or decline credit.
Primarily focused on clients and prospects with credit lines >$100MM
- Determine the credit worthiness of prospective clients by analyzing financial statements, projections, appraisals, meeting and interviewing the prospective client’s management team and analyzing and obtaining a detailed understanding of the prospective client’s cash flows and balance sheet.
- Prepare credit memos in a clear and concise manner and present recommendations to senior approvers that balance marketability with prudent risk management
- Manage and monitor a portfolio to ensure on-going compliance with loan agreements, covenants and payoff requirements and resolve problem accounts in partnership with deal teams.
- Negotiate appropriate terms and conditions for large and complex transactions and work with deal teams to ensure appropriate documentation is in place.
- Identify critical transactional and structural risks and propose appropriate structuring alternatives to mitigate those risks.
- Ensure compliance with all policy and regulatory requirements.
- Independently manage workflow to balance competing priorities and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Other projects and assignments as requested including, but not limited to, portfolio analysis to ensure compliance and portfolio reporting.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of commercial lending and underwriting experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Commercial bank relationship management experience
- Familiarity with the automotive sector
- 10+ years of commercial lending and underwriting experience
- Experience with bank syndications and clients with varying and complex capital structures including familiarity with collateral and cash flow waterfalls.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.