No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Are you looking for a fun and exciting position in the transportation industry?
Do you love to drive?
If you have compassion for helping others and dedication to safety, then First Transit wants you!
Join us as a Paratransit Driver at our Frankstown Rd. location
NO CDL REQUIRED!
Our most successful drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. We work together to make customers our top priority, and we value the hard work our employees do to achieve this! That's why we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Wages and a pay increase after 30 days in revenue service
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A full benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
- Paid training
As a Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs
Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check, Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 101 Old Frankstown Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15239!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.