When you're working to make the health care system better for everyone, you do things on a human level. Here at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, a part of the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're creating transformative change that affects millions of people. But it all comes down to building relationships-- one person at a time. As an Account Executive for Key Accounts, you'll look for new, fully and self-insured sales business in the 100-3,000 employee range. You will grow and develop sales numbers, setting expectations for deliverables to greatly improve the lives of others.
- Sales representative for the UHC Key Accounts responsible for broker and direct sales to customers in the 100 to 3,000+ employee range. The principle focus is the sale of new fully insured business with indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts.
New Business Sales:
- Identifies potential healthcare business customers.
- Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation.
- Attains targeted sales goals for region and health plan.
- Produces sales resulting in profitable premium levels.
- Leads cross-functional team to achieve positive sales results.
- Identifies opportunities for ancillary/Enterprise products on all new sales.
- Travel as required.
- Develops and maintains strong broker relationships.
- Develops and maintains key internal relationships.
- Understand customer and broker needs and provide value-added consultation.
- Identifies key brokers/consultants for management development.
- Presents a positive image of UHG in the marketplace.
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization.
- Maintain current knowledge of all UHC products, services, and underwriting practices and principles.
- Effectively communicate UHG/UHC strategies and mission to the marketplace.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Subject Matter Expert employee benefits marketplace and product knowledge
3+ years of insurance sales/account management experience with experience selling or managing
Experience selling health care products through direct sales or brokers
Sales insurance license maintained by law
ASO business strongly preferred
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: benefit sales, Account Executive, Key Accounts, Gulf States, Metairie, LA