Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Account Executive serves as the senior- level liaison between OptumRx typically at the Director or Vice President level and key health plan clients. Responsible for coordinating the activities of multiple internal departments to deliver best-in-class service to our clients. Quarterbacks the client facing team responsible for developing client specific trend management strategies and overall recommendations to meet client goals and objectives. In addition, executive is responsible for client revenue retention and growth. This individual may or may not manage a team. This is a high-performing individual with proven leadership skills and a comprehensive understanding of the PBM environment and broader healthcare system including health plan experience.
If you are located in the Central or Eastern time zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Overall owner of health plan client relationship(s) & responsible for contract administration, deliverables, and tracking / coordination of all contractual obligations
- Manages assigned accounts with a focus on client trend management, strategic plan development and execution, cultivating multi-level client relationships and manages staff, maybe direct and indirect
- Coordinates / drives all activity & priorities internally including a combined, all - inclusive account team meeting weekly, also consolidating all escalated open client items
- Single point of contact for executives / leads for escalations and strategic management
- Creates and maintains an updated executive summary for leadership on relationship status (no surprises)
- Organizes and drives upsell opportunities
- Schedules monthly / quarterly industry highlight overview & quarterly trend reviews with client specific recommendations
- Drive client specific NPS® action plan
- Support finalist meetings in coordination with Sales
- 4+ years Health Plan/PBM client management experience
- In - depth knowledge of Health Plan PBM industry
- Proven strong relationship - building skills with 3+ years of client - facing experience
- 3+ years of experience working with C - Suite external partners
- Extremely strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be a self - starter and navigate the organization on their own
- Strong financial acumen with 3+ years of proven experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present to an executive audience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project management skills
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.