You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
This position will require the ability to communicate with adjusters in a way where Optum is helping him / her resolve items together. It is a Client focused position where we are discovering why an aged item is not resolved and notify the proper team(s) to fix the issue and then re-issue the bill. You will need to be eager to build relationships with our clients.
The Account Receivable Clerk in this function will prepare and maintain records of accounts receivable, including receipts, claims and overdue invoices. Applies all incoming receipts and wire payments to the appropriate general ledger accounts. Computes interest charges, processes refunds and related items. Performs periodic and month-end balancing and reporting activities.
- Ability to read Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and Explanation of Payment (EOPs) and then be able to appeal a denied item.
- Ability to work as a team and stay organized
- Ability to multitask and think outside the box to resolve claims
- Ability to communicate effectively with adjusters
- Ability to build relationships with adjusters in efforts for bills to be fully resolved timely.
- Good business acumen when dealing with adjusters
- Ability to recognize issues and communicate the issue to leadership
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of recent experience working in accounts receivable job function
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word (create, save and edit documents), Excel (create, save and edit spreadsheets), and Outlook (ability to create / read emails, manage calendar)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with medical claims
- 6+ months of experience reading an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and formulating an appeal based the denial
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, OptumRx, Westerville, OH, EOB, EOP, medical claims, accounts receivable, AR