At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Join the best bank for payments and collections in North America (Source: Global Finance Magazine)
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Collections and Servicing team works with past-due customers to offer solutions for bringing credit card, student loan, personal line and loan, direct auto, retail services and deposit accounts up-to-date. The group also provides customer service for student loan and retail services accounts and works with customers to resolve disputed charges on credit card accounts.
The Account Resolution Specialist 3 for Education Financial Services (EFS) is a senior level role responsible for providing a quality customer experience while working to collect and negotiate terms of repayment on non-routine complex/specialized outstanding account balances. Works in a professional, customer-centric, and high volume environment; taking inbound calls; making outbound calls utilizing an auto-dialer or direct dial system to initiate customer contact and determine reason for delinquency and to obtain payment commitment. Provides exceptional service while being empathetic when evaluating unique customers situation to provide relevant solutions. Makes decisions about acceptance/return of partial payments. Mitigates risk by adhering to all policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulations. Handles most complex escalated collection inquiries and issues. May assist with compiling statistical reports and other special projects.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Partner with the customer to help determine the reason for their account delinquency and evaluate the customer's financial situation; negotiate for full payment or create terms for repayment.
- Consistently learn and apply operational policies and State & Federal regulations governing collection practices.
- Have structured workdays with all your calls monitored for quality and accuracy; demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, in order to achieve department productivity metrics.
- Complete other duties as assigned by leadership.
Flexible to work any hours during department’s hours of operation.
The working schedules for these positions are a combination of Day, Evening, and Weekend hours. A typical shift would be Monday-Friday, 3 days per week 8:30am-5pm, 1 shift 12:30pm-9pm (TBD), 1 shift 9:30am-6pm (TBD), and every 4th Saturday (8am-4:30pm). Hours/Days may change due to business needs.
Training will be for the first 5 weeks with the schedule of Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. You will learn about regulations governing collection practices and become knowledgeable on the company's computer systems, products, services, policies and procedures and how to apply this knowledge when communicating with delinquent customers. Attendance is extremely important.
Expected Start Date or Expected Training Class to begin: November 26, 2018
GREAT CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES!!!
You will have opportunities to participate in programs established to help you achieve your career and development goals.
- Progressive Career Path: Account Resolution Specialist 3, Account Resolution Specialist 4, Account Resolution Team Lead, Account Resolution Team Manager.
- Salary - Highly Competitive Salary! Some schedules offer a 15% shift differential, based on hours worked after 4 pm.
- Benefit packages include Medical, Dental and Vision Plans for team member and family!
- 401k – up to 6% company match!
- New Team members may be eligible to receive up to 30 paid days off annually, to include 10 bank holidays and 2 personal holidays.
- SHARE Team Member Referral Program - Refer an external candidate that turns into a full-time team member (30 or more hours) to receive a $1000 referral bonus!!
- Tuition Reimbursement Opportunity!
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT ASSESSMENT IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE MONITOR YOUR E-MAIL FOR FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS.
Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail. Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Jobs Profile. If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer contact, customer service, or sales environment including 1+ year of collections experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage to production goals, deadlines, and various metrics
- Ability to work effectively in structured but flexible, adaptable and changing, call center environment
- Knowledge and understanding of skip tracing
- Knowledge and understanding of collections or loss mitigation workout
- Knowledge and understanding of Recovery
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Must be able to attend full duration of required training period
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.