DescriptionThe Accountant 2 performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules. Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects. The Accountant 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Accountant 2 prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget. Analyzes and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements and reports. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- 2- 5 years of technical experience ( EXCEL, SQL, ACCESS, ETC)
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Master's Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant license
- Prior experience in public or corporate accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills
Scheduled Weekly Hours40