This position within UHC Accounting will produce and review payments related to Medicaid and Medicare capitation and incentive programs. The Accountant position oversees all aspects of the month end close process related to activities for capitation and incentive programs. The month end close process will require you to prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP and Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) requirements, report results, prepare reconciliations, process incentive payments, and perform monthly flux analysis. The position entails the preparation of documentation in support of audits and distribution of provider reports.
- Review and be able to articulate the key drivers of capitation and provider incentive programs payments
- Research payment variances and analyze discrepancies to ensure payment accuracy
- Prepare and record monthly Journal Entries, Account Reconciliations and other month end close activities related to Capitation & Incentive programs
- Conduct research on receivables and payables
- Perform monthly close analysis to facilitate understanding of monthly results against the financial plan
- Prepare internal and external financial reports and results ensuring accuracy
- Assist with designing and implementing process improvements and controls
- Summarize financial data to senior management, internal/external auditors and regulators
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Bachelor's degree (concentration in Accounting preferred)
- 1+ years of Accounting experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong analytic background
- Healthcare experience
- Accounting experience with regulated entities
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, PeopleSoft Financials, and Microsoft Access
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible with changing needs and deadlines
- Attention to details
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accounting, GAAP, journal entries, month end close, Excel, Cypress, California, CA