PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To ensure the accurate and timely processing of fixed asset transactions and related reporting in accordance with GAAP and Company policy.
1. Review and process invoices/purchase orders to ensure correct GAAP accounting classification (capital or expense) and proper project coding.
2. Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all fixed asset transactions in Fixed Assets sub-ledger including additions, retirements, reclassifications, and transfers.
3. Prepare monthly fixed asset account reconciliations between the Fixed Assets sub-ledger and the General Ledger and roll-forwards of fixed asset activity.
4. Assist with the month-end closing of the Fixed Assets sub-ledger and prepare monthly fixed asset journal entries.
5. Set up projects and tasks for new projects in Oracle Project Accounting and ensure accurate project reporting for Development, IT, and other departments.
(Other important duties/responsibilities)
6. Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end schedules for Tax Department, External Audit, and Financial Reporting.
7. Special projects as assigned
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION:
* 2 years of Accounting/Finance experience REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
* Strong Excel skills
* Quick learner
* Strong organization skills with great attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong teamwork skills PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
* Oracle Financials experience
* Fixed Asset and General Ledger experience DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Limited decision making under existing policies DIRECT REPORTS: This position will have no direct reports.