External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Oversee the billing, accounting, and collection process for vendor allowances. Provides vendor allowance reporting to Merchants and Finance departments. Completes month-end entries, deferral calculations, payback investigation and documentation, account reconciliations, monitoring and approving of Vendor Allowance Worksheets and Vendor Contracts. Supervises direct reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages the life cycle accounting of Vendor Funding
- Key point of contacts with merchant team and vendors for vendor allowances
- Oversee the approval of vendor funding contracts ensuring they are properly completed and that required signatures and support is provided
- Supervises the month accrual of contracts
- Investigates vendor requests for paybacks of billed vendor allowances and determines if repayment is appropriate
- Approves new vendor set up forms, partner with merchants to ensure vendor changes are communicated timely and that proper vendor set up is maintained
- Supervises the application of checks, import payments and credit memos to open claims
- Monitors aged vendor allowance receivables
- Provides weekly, monthly and YTD reporting for Merchants and management
- Completes necessary journal entries to record vendor allowances and deferrals
- Reconcile various vendor allowance related balance sheet accounts.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and drive positive change.
- Maintain an effective control environment for Shopko by taking ownership over and being accountable for control activities assigned to you as a control owner
- Communicate timely any issues that impact your controls from operating effectively to support accurate financial reporting
- Support internal and external auditors’ documentation requests including timely follow-up and resolution of any issues or questions.
- Ensure that evidence of control activity is retained and job specific policies and producers are updated timely.
- Oversee general accounting team, providing leadership and coaching
- Helps teammates with issues they may encounter in their daily work
- Provides training to new teammates and provide cross training to teammates in various functions
- Prepares and updates the vendor funding manual
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Four year Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of Accounting experience (Retail accounting experience-desired)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Access)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to understand, follow and give written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively supervise teammates