What's the secret to strengthening and growing a better health care system? Sitting at the table with the right players. As an Accountant with UnitedHealth Group, you'll be responsible for making order out of the complex workings of a global leader. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. This is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else.
This Accounting role is within UHC – Employer and Individual – UMR Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports for Taft Hartley Trust Funds.
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Assist with or lead the month end quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups with deadlines
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or an equivalent field
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
At UnitedHealth Group, we're transforming something as important as health care with the best people in the industry and we're doing it on a global scale. So let's get you started on making the most impact and doing your life's best work.(SM)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accountant, Accounting, Lexington KY