Bed Bath & Beyond’s Accounting and Financial Reporting team is responsible for SEC reporting, management reporting and consolidation as well as the general ledger close for all of our concepts both domestically and internationally. The team works in a fast paced and collaborative environment and will work closely with various other business channels, as necessary, to obtain the necessary information required to perform the functions of the group. In addition, the team is primarily centrally located at the corporate headquarters.
Team up with Bed Bath & Beyond, an omnichannel retailer offering high quality and differentiated products, and services and solutions for the home and heart-felt life events through its multiple retail channels. We are looking for people who are hungry for both professional and personal growth!
Responsibilities will include:
- Primary responsibility is the coordination and completion of the fiscal month end closing process. Ensure journal entries are recorded timely and accurately.
- Preparing account analysis and reconciliations on various balance sheet and income statement accounts using excel including pivot tables or Access databases. Provide explanations for significant variances to prior year or budget amounts in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepare schedules for the year-end audit and quarterly reviews.
- Operate as the liaison between the Accounting Team and other business partners involved in the month end closing process.
- Complete special projects and additional responsibilities as assigned. Some assignments may require this individual to work closely with business partners and be proactive in addressing their needs.
- Develop written procedures to ensure adherence, consistency and overall efficiency of the department and assist in cross training.
- Assist in the implementation of process improvements in order to create efficiencies and reduce time frames for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with strong knowledge of GAAP; CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong accounting background with 3-5 years of accounting experience. Experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or retail environment a plus.
- Strong proficiency in general accounting and financial analysis.
- Stellar communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to pick up responsibilities quickly.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and communicate progress,
- Analytic and problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize responsibilities accordingly.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Dedication, passion, attentive to detail and ability to effectively multi-task operations/projects with deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including expertise in Excel (including vlookup and pivot tables) and Access.
- Lawson general ledger knowledge a plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.