If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm) This position performs duties related to Corporate Accounting functions for the OptumRx pharmacy benefit management segment of UnitedHealth Group.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Involvement in the monthly / quarterly 'close' process
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Review the work of others
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Serves as a leader / mentor
- Sought out as expert
- Support for state and local income tax filings and regulatory filings
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups)
- Public accounting experience
- Healthcare experience
- Accounting experience handling regulated entities
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Oracle General Ledger, PeopleSoft Financials, and Microsoft Access
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CPA, regulated entities, Senior Accountant, Schaumburg, IL, Eden Prairie, MN