Explore the possibilities in Yellowstone National Park!
The Night Auditor supports the location accounting department by compiling and summarizing the location's daily sales. The Night Auditor generally works in the middle of the night, without direct supervision at location, with a focus on organization and data entry.
The primary responsibility of an Accounting Clerk is to assist in the daily operation of the department they are assigned to in the General Accounting Office (GAO) for Xanterra Parks & Resorts located at Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone. Applicants must have an Accounting degree and/or related work experience.
Individuals applying for Clerical positions will be considered for one of the positions below:
Food and Beverage Office Assistant
Keeps the operation going behind the scenes! This position is responsible for many of the daily administrative duties for the Food & Beverage office on location, including employee payroll and sales reports.
Housekeeping Office Assistant
The Housekeeping Office Assistant in Yellowstone is responsible for coordinating the daily happenings in the Housekeeping Department on location. Duties include generating reports, completing payroll, maintaining repair and tip logs, and light cleaning in the office.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Motivational, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Office machine skills, especially PC experience.
- Knowledge of the following PC software: MS Word®, MS Excel®, MS Outlook®.
- Knowledge of the following AS/400® software: LMS®.
- Ability to perform majority of work while sitting at a desk.
- Physical stamina and conditioning is required to withstand extensive walking, lifting, and transporting of supplies and equipment. This function may include loading company vehicles, moving supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to and from work stations on location (up to 100 yards).
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations?
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (now through October 2019). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
Applicants will be assigned to work in one of six villages located within Yellowstone National Park and assist in ensuring the day-to-day operations run smoothly at that location.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Applicants interested in positions in Yellowstone are drawn to the unique opportunity to work in the world’s first national park. You should be enthusiastic about our sustainability initiatives and mission to provide ‘legendary hospitality with a softer footprint’. Applicants must be able to work independently; often sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.