The Employee Receivables AR Accounting Associate is responsible for ensuring the rents and utility billing and collection processes are completed timely and accurately for the Grand Canyon South Rim and The Grand Hotel properties. In addition, is responsible for processing all chargeback disputes and miscellaneous refund requests for the Arizona properties (Grand Canyon South Rim [GCSR], Grand Canyon Railway, The Grand Hotel, and Tusayan Trading Post. Will also cross-train in the processing of Customer Receivables for the SW Regional properties (Grand Canyon South Rim, Grand Canyon Railway, The Grand Hotel, and Oasis at Death Valley).
- Provide assistance and guidance as needed to support and operating departments on the processing of employee rent and utility billings / payments as well on miscellaneous refund requests.
- Process leases for Xanterra and non-Xanterra tenants including proration of rents and utilities for the GCSR and GH.
- Process timely and accurately all check-ins, transfers, and check-outs and associated proration of rents, utilities and security deposit refunds.
- Create monthly rent invoices in the PMS for the GCSR and maintain Excel file for GH employee tenants.
- Prepare and send out monthly utility invoices for the GCSR lease holders.
- Post payroll rent and utility deduction payments timely and accurately to the PMS (GCSR) or the Excel file (TGH).
- Manage the rent and utility agings for all GCSR and GH leaseholders. Inform Assistant Controller of any delinquent accounts.
- Maintain employee receivable files for each housing location to include signed tenant agreement, check-in, transfer, or check-out paperwork, any correspondence, etc.
- Maintain files on security deposits received, due or to be refunded. Contact housing manager for any employee not paying at check-in.
- Process refund requests for transfers or check-outs of security deposits plus/minus any rent/utility prorations.
- Complete worksheet and submit annual check requests for interest due to trailer site residences as required by State law.
- Complete timely and thorough research of and response to credit card charge-backs and retrieval requests to minimize lost revenue due to disputes. Maintain chargeback log showing status of all received.
- Process approved miscellaneous refund request timely and accurately.
- Print month end report from the PMS on Thursday a.m. after month end Wednesday.
- Reconcile timely and accurately all assigned balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Participate in the month end closing process as directed.
- Create, maintain and update as needed the Employee Receivable desk procedure manual.
- Cross-train in the Customer Receivable processes for the SW Regional properties so that coverage can be provided when needed during times of position vacancies, etc.
- As needed, be an active participant in the annual retail inventories for the Arizona region properties.
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring compliance with all Accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all Xanterra and Grand Canyon Railway hospitality standards, procedures, and policies.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information and data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with of MS Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word) and windows based software.
- Previous experience in all aspects of accounts receivable and basic accounting knowledge preferred.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions and the ability to express yourself clearly in written and oral communication is essential)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error and to prepare and proofread a variety of documents)
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment and funds are secure.
- Work hours include a standard workweek M-F with required overtime and holidays needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently standing, walking, handling, using wrist motion, bending and lifting/carrying 10lbs or less.
- Occasionally sitting, squatting/kneeling, reaching above shoulder, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs, and pushing/pulling to 25lbs.