External Job PostingIt’s an exciting time at Shopko, and we’re looking for corporate interns with the desire to grow and develop with us through an internship.
Partners with the Corporate Accounting team through the monthly and quarterly close processes. Completes the accounting analysis, journal entries and reconciliations for a multitude of accounts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Period End Close and Related Reporting
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with GAAP.
- Assess and document prepaid accounting entries.
- Assists in preparation of quarterly external financial reporting
- Performs supplemental ad-hoc requests to support month end close process and related reporting
- Completes other ad-hoc projects as needed, including implementation of new accounting standards such as revenue recognition and lease accounting
- Maintains an effective control environment for Shopko by taking ownership over and being accountable for control activities assigned as a control owner
- Communicates timely any issues that impact controls from operating effectively to support accurate financial reporting
- Ensure that evidence of control activity is retained and job specific policies and procedures are updated time
- Supports internal and external auditors’ documentation requests including timely follow-up and resolution of any issues or questions
- Point of contact for the reconciliation of cash to revenue, which is a key audit procedure
As a Corporate Intern at Shopko, you’ll grow professionally through:
- Direct exposure to Senior Leadership
- Resume writing and interview skills workshops with our Recruiting Team
- Real world corporate accounting exposure
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Sophomore – Senior standing and a strong academic record
- Passion and desire to learn
- Thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Strong communication, teamwork & computer skills
- Ability to work full-time throughout the summer, or part-time (20-30 hours/week) during the school year
- Ability to organize, prioritize workload, and consistently meet deadlines
- Competent with Microsoft Office, to include proficiency in Excel and Word