DescriptionThe Accounting Lead performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules. Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects. The Accounting Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Accounting Lead prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles. Provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget. Analyzes and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements and reports. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field and 8+ years of technical experience, or equivalent
- 2+ years of project leadership experience
- Progressive leadership and management experience
- Prior experience within the financial industry
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant license
Scheduled Weekly Hours40