Scrubs & Beyond is hiring an Accounting Manager in St. Louis at our Home Office.
"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks." Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
The Accounting Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises four staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with all levels of the organization including Sr. Management.
Essential Job Duties:
- Strong understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely close.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and other finance and companywide managers regarding financial results, special reporting, and other ad hoc requests.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Interpretation of FASB/GAAP pronouncements and impact to the company. Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness.
To execute the job duties of our Accounting Manager you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to assess own strengths and weaknesses.
- Drive to pursue training and development opportunities.
- Desire to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Desire to support organization’s goals and values.
- High level of initiative, flexibility, and ability to self-direct.
- Competence to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Capable of balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Great Plains a plus.
- Microsoft Management Reporter a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Scrubs & Beyond, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our associates and our communities. Scrubs & Beyond will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.