At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Accounting Policy Lead Consultant role is a senior level policy consultant on the Enterprise Accounting Policy team responsible for consulting and liaising with executive and business unit management, accounting support groups, and functional partners.
- Managing the implementation of accounting projects and standards
- Providing accounting consultation on complex, large or proposed transactions
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and communicating accounting policies, practices and procedures
- Reviewing and providing input on quarterly and annual financial data for SEC and regulatory reports
- Staying current with current accounting developments and standard setting of SEC, FASB, IASB and other standard setters
- Educating corporate and business unit executive management on current accounting issues
- Serving as a liaison for accounting issues with both internal and external audit staffs
- Providing accounting training and awareness around the company
- Participating in industry groups to influence the standard setting process
- Participating in any written correspondence with standard setters or regulators
- Position will have defined areas of responsibility depending upon areas of expertise
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- 10+ years of accounting experience
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Big four public accounting experience
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- Ability to present complex concepts to senior management
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP financial statements or components preparation
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage complex initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: in the capital markets industry
- Demonstrated ability to routinely make judgment calls on applicability/impact of emerging issues to our businesses;
- Interpretation of very subjective and complex financial accounting matters and applicability to our business;
- The assessment of alternative implementation methodologies and implications from a cost/benefit perspective and impact to our internal control environment, etc.
- Capital markets experience related to derivatives & hedge accounting, investments, financial asset transfers (including securitizations), fair value, broker/dealer accounting, and consolidation assessments
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.