Primary Location: United States-AZ-AZPhoenix
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Description Arizona MENTOR is seeking an Accounting Specialist applies accepted accounting procedures to the monitoring, maintaining and reporting of client financial transactions to ensure individual finances are managed effectively and appropriately, and that financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company guidelines. Essential Job Functions
- Maintains individual (consumer) financial records including financial reports, bank statements, budgets, and benefit reporting, and ensures that financial records are complete and accurate.
- Conducts monthly reviews and completes financial statements for individuals by request. Ensures individual client finances are managed effectively and appropriately.
- Ensures individual total assets remain within the designated maximum amount to maintain Medicaid and other funding benefits.
- Coordinates financial services for new individuals and all individuals leaving services.
- Dispenses each individual’s routine expense and personal spending money as deemed by the individual’s money management plan.
- Ensures individual's confidentiality
- Assists AR/Utilization Review Coordinator as needed.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: Education Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or business and one year accounting experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.