External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY
The Accounts Payable Clerk (Vendor Relations) ensures timely and accurate payment of amounts due to vendors while protecting company assets and maintaining vendor relations. They complete various internal reporting requirements and work closely with areas in Accounting and Merchandising in response to various issues raised by the vendors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Vendor Invoice Processing and Problem Resolution
• Ensure timely and accurate payment of amounts due to vendors
• Resolve issues with open invoices and receivings, claims, credit memos and Proof of Deliveries (POD) for stores and DCs
• Utilize various internal and external systems to research and resolve problems related to invoice payments.
• Reduce/control aged invoices and aged receiving’s
• Make analytical and sound decisions to process vendor payment denials; provide supporting documentation for vendor disputes over approval threshold
• Prepare and input data as needed ensuring the correct shrink or liability accounts are recorded.
• Continuously reconcile DC inventory reports prior to and after inventory
• Notify the Physical Inventory department of large shrink issues
• Utilize and track vendor correspondence on Excel spreadsheet daily
• Communicate pertinent issues, concerns, problems and successes to Accounting Supervisors, Management and Merchants
Maintain Working Relationship with Vendors
• Communicate, both verbally and written, to resolve problems with vendors, factors, merchants, stores, return center, DCs and other departments
• Compose detailed answers and documentation in response to correspondence from vendor charge backs
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• 2 Year technical degree desired, or equivalent experience
• Understanding of basic accounting principles and acumen
• Experience with Accounts Payable systems required
• Ability to work with numbers/calculator and computer skills, especially Excel
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with limited supervision
• Ability to deal with difficult callers and make reasonable decisions about their concerns
• Ability to write professional, persuasive and grammatically correct business correspondences
• Ability to make analytical and sound decisions
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts. Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.