POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable Coordinator - Restaurant Accounting
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable Supervisor or Brand Accounting Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Facilitate workflow process within Accounts Payable and between the internal and external customers. Support the daily activities of the accounts payable group.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (may vary based on the coordinator position):
- Ensure recording of invoices are in the proper accounting period.
- Ensure invoices have the proper signature in accordance to the Authorization Policy and Payment Processing matrix.
- Review invoices to ensure the proper expense coding are complete.
- Store processed invoices in the designated location with the proper batch names.
- Review and research vendor statements for past due invoices.
- Apply sales and use tax to applicable invoices.
- Submit Supplier Set-Up forms for new vendors or vendor changes.
- Assist with month end and quarterly reporting.
- Maintain policy and procedures for Accounts Payable.
- Assist with Accounts Payable Research.
- Assist other accounting functions, as needed.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION: High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years accounts payable experience.
- High volume A/P experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in Excel and Word.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Plans and completes work effectively and efficiently, meets assigned deadlines, and makes sound decisions.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES: Able to work in Oracle.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: No decision making authority.
DIRECT REPORTS: This position does not have any direct reports.