Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Accounts Payable Processor has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
The Accounts Payable Processor performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions in a manufacturing and retail environment. This position supports the organization in performing accrued receipts to vendor statement reconciliations, as well as preparing journal entries for accrued expenses. Additionally, the Accounts Payable Processor will answer any inquiries from vendors as well as internal customers to resolve issues accordingly.
- Processes vendor invoices and vouchers for payment in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring proper documentation and authorization in accordance with company accounting procedures and policies.
- Processes vendor credits and matching return to vendor (RTV) paperwork provided by Procurement and Shipping department.
- Communicates with the Procurement department all invoice discrepancies, as well as resolve invoice discrepant issues with vendors.
- Reviews and processes employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with the company T&E Policy. Follows up on incompliant transactions.
- Reviews purchasing card statements to ensure authorization and performs reconciliations and processing. Ensures all transactions are executed in accordance with the company policies.
- Prepares journal entries for accrued expense, as well as adjustment entries to correct posting errors.
- Reconciles vendor statements, along with accrued receipts reporting.
- Researches past due statements/invoices from vendors. Assists vendors and other departments regarding status of payments.
- Assists with month-end, quarterly, and year-end closing of the General Ledger.
- Provides general accounting support, including filing, opening, sorting, scanning, and distributing mail, as well as files paid vouchers.
- Acts as back-up support to switchboard and courier services when necessary.
- Assists with various special projects as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Three to five-years’ experience in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Experience related to a manufacturing and/or retail environment.
- Knowledge of ERP systems required.
- Knowledge of accounts payable functions related to invoice processing.
- Advanced in personal computer skills, including MS Excel spreadsheet and MS Word processing software; 10-key by touch.
- Clear verbal, and written communication skills; strong analytical skills; excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and strong organizational skills.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
See's is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).