POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Supervise the Accounts Payable team including the administration of processing vendor invoices for corporate and operations in an accurate and timely manner, vendor setup and maintenance, invoice and payment processing, and employee expense report reimbursements.
- Supervise the administration of the full cycle of the Accounts Payable function up to the payment and posting of company invoices and reimbursements
- Responsible for the closing of the Accounts Payable sub-ledger and coordinating with Accounting for the period-end reporting including period-end accruals and reconciliations
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to comply with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and internal control narratives.
- Verify checks and disbursement records and ensure timely payments to suppliers and employees
- Supervise the AP staff to ensure that all invoices are reviewed and processed accurately in a timely manner and administer all mid-year and annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Responsible for reviewing and resolving AP processing issues through the monitoring of reports and invoice aging reports
- Manage the year-end 1099 reporting process, ensuring deadlines are met and accurate information is send to the IRS
- Prepare and respond to IRS notices
- Collaborate with Corporate and Restaurant Accounting to prepare audit schedules and coordinate with external auditors as necessary
- Lead and implement process improvement initiatives, and improve processes and procedures to ensure the AP department is running as efficiently as possible
- Lead, supervise, train, and develop a team of Accounts Payable staff
- Monitor internal control activities within Accounts Payable function to ensure that controls are operating as intended, and any segregation of duties violations are approved, reviewed and documented accurately
- Ensure quality customer service is provided to suppliers and employees
- Other duties as assigned by Accounts Payable Manager
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Previous supervisory experience.
- 7+ years high volume accounts payable experience.
- Minimum 2 years in supervisory or management role.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in restaurant or multi-unit retail systems
- Demonstrates a high ability to communicate effectively with people inside and outside the organization, including operations, support center, and vendors
- Has demonstrated positive leadership skills and a commitment to company objectives
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Database applications in a windows environment
- Ability to interpret and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings
- Plans and completes work effectively and efficiently, meets assigned deadlines, and makes sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- Must be detail oriented
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES: Ability to work in Oracle.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: This position has hiring authority at the AP Coordinator and Staff level.
DIRECT REPORTS: This position has 2 -- 4 direct reports