Scrubs & Beyond is looking for an Accounts Receivable Associate at the Corporate Office in St. Louis, Missouri.
"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks." Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
What began as a two-person staff in a small office has grown into the nation's largest multi-channel supplier of healthcare apparel and accessories. Scrubs & Beyond was truly "inspired by the caregiver." Great pride is taken in our company's purpose to provide the best apparel and accessories to our outstanding healthcare professionals. Scrubs & Beyond has some of the best benefits in the industry.
Eligible employees receive competitive pay, generous employee discounts, 401(k) with company match, comprehensive health insurance, paid vacation and personal time off.
If these words inspire you, you may be the candidate we’re looking for. We go above and beyond for our customers and each other. We’re passionate about providing the ultimate in service and style. Our goal is to transform the everyday shopping experience into a personal experience that caters to the needs of the caregiver.
Job Description Summary
This position's primary responsibility will be to process all payments to customer accounts, prepare invoices, and reconcile accounts with a high degree of integrity and the highest of ethical standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Apply customer payments to appropriate systems.
- Research and solve payment discrepancies.
- Reconcile A/R accounts.
- Foster relationships with customers to meet their billing needs.
- Respond to customer billing inquiries via e-mail and phone in a professional manner. This requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide invoice copies and backup documentation when requested by customers – may require coordination with retail stores.
- Maintain customer credit files, tax exemption certificates, and payroll deduction forms (as applicable).
- Print and mail collection letters to customers based on account aging status.
- Perform routine follow-up with retail stores to ensure compliance with all receivables policies and procedures.
- Provide additional support for Accounts Receivable Coordinator as needed.
- Assist with other accounting duties and special projects.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
To execute the job duties of our Accounts Receivable Associate you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of work experience in a related field
- GP experience a plus
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- This job is primarily sedentary work. Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the time.
- Occasionally move about the office.
- Manual dexterity to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Constant close visual acuity to view a computer screen.
- Auditory acuity to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Constant communication to exchange accurate information
- Must be able to work under stress
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job descriptions are dynamic and frequently modified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any given time as both the business dictates and the functions of the job change.