Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- Follow - up on invoices submitted to ensure prompt / timely payment and escalate issues as necessary
- Evaluate payments / denials received for correctness and ensure they are applied appropriately
- Create 1st level appeals and assist with payer projects
- Identify bad debt write - offs and A / R adjustments
- Initiate write - off and adjustments in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensure secondary bills and patient invoices are accurately generated and submitted on a timely basis
- Identify any overpayments and / or duplicate payments, with investigation and resolution
- Process refund requests, in accordance with policies and procedures
- Adhere to Regulatory / Payor Guidelines and policies & procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of AR collections / Follow Up experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Experience with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (create, edit, send emails and update calendar),
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create and edit), and Microsoft Excel (create, edit, formulas and filtering)
- Ability to work between 8:00 am EST - 6:00 pm PST
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
- 1+ years of experience with Medical billing and claims
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
- Billing experience / background
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Keywords: billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support