Accounts Receivable Specialist
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNEdina
Come use your Finance skills in support of making a difference in others' lives! In your role as an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will help drive the services to those we serve.
Ensure that all billing is completed accurately and on time, the general ledger states correct revenue and Accounts Receivable, and all Accounts Receivable remain current.
- Prepare monthly billing and ensure all tasks are completed for month end billing. Bill correct party on a timely basis for services rendered. Maintain master list of all individuals' billing rates to ensure correct billing.
- Process and post payments received and adjustments for payments and rates while maintaining an appropriate level of segregation of duties.
- Research and resolve discrepancies on any client billing authorization. Collect funds from payers and other entities. Work with payers to resolve outstanding claims issues.
- Produce, distribute, and maintain monthly Accounts Receivable reports for analysis. Produce year end information for State and Corporate offices.
- Prepare bank deposits, statement reconciliations, cash applications, accumulation of data for invoicing, aging analysis, collections, and reconciliations of Accounts Receivable Sub-Ledger to General Ledger, if applicable. Record all cash receipts into Oracle.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable processing manual and reference materials.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
What we ask of you:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting strongly preferred; High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years experience in Accounts Receivable or related accounting position
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities at once with strong follow through.
What we offer you:
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
REM Minnesota is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!