Accounts Receivable Specialist
Primary Location: MA-MANorth Andover-1600 Osgood St
The MENTOR Network
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Accounts Receivable team within Billing & Collections. As a Medical Billing Specialist you will ensure that all billing is completed accurately and on time, the general ledger states correct revenue and accounts receivable, and all accounts receivable remain current.
- Utilize automated AR software application (Avatar) to process financial eligibility, authorization, billing, and denial follow-up transactions.
- Utilize document management software (Biscom) to support billing activities and to process transactions daily.
- Maintain collections notes in Denial Workflow application.
- Perform data entry tasks for all Authorizations and Delete service requests in a timely manner.
- Perform data entry tasks for any Client Service Fee changes in a timely manner prior to billing.
- Prepare weekly, semi-monthly and monthly billing for all payers and ensures that all tasks are completed for month-end billing.
- Maintain supporting documentation for all billed invoices.
- Assist in the monthly billing certification process and document any remaining unbilled charges.
- Research, escalate and resolve any billing discrepancies (not in good order) to meet billing cycle.
- Work with payers and other key AR staff to resolve outstanding claim processing issues with a focus on over 60 days balances.
- Address and resolve account credit balances and overpayments.
- Research, escalate and resolve any denied claims either identified from aged accounts reports or payer remittance advice. Work with payers and state offices (as needed) to resolve outstanding denials.
- Ensure the timely resolution of any collections issues for self-pay balances.
- Prepare aging analysis, collections, and reconciliations of Accounts Receivable as applicable.
- Assist with the resolution of any issues that could impact the timely month-end closing.
- Ensure internal control compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires providing required training when necessary.
- Support special projects and mission critical initiatives.
- Embrace concept mentoring by actively participating in team meetings and fostering an environment in which team members proactively collaborate with one another.
- Proactively supports management as well as the objectives and goals of the department.
- Supports special projects and performs other duties as assigned by the SSC AR Manager and/or AR Team Leads.
- Help establish and achieve regional DSO (day sales outstanding) goals.
- Actively participates and provides overview of billing and collections status in weekly/monthly AR calls. Also, provide information to be used in the quarterly reserve process.
- Identify opportunities for assigned payers to allow for electronic billing, more frequent billing and Electronic Funds Transfer payments
- High school diploma required; degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Accounts Receivable preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of EDI 835 formatting helpful but not essential
- Commitment to excellent customer service and support
- Foster culture of continuous improvement
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- A dynamic, growing work environment
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. When you join the Network, you will have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to children, adults and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!EOE/AAE