Job ID 31073
Position Location US-FL-Merritt Island
Facility Name Island Health and Rehabilitation Center
Job Category Activities
Position Status PT (Part Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Merritt Island, FL
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
As an Activities Assistant (Therapeutic Recreational Assistant), you are responsible for providing support to the Director of Therapeutic Recreational Services by carrying out the established plan for resident activities and recreation. No supervisory function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with resident activities, assessments, and activities profiles.
- Assist in scheduling movies, planning parties, and providing games/activities for residents.
- Encourage residents to participate in recreational social activities so that all residents are involved in activities by engaging in and organizing games, crafts, religious services, parties, etc.
- Assist Director of Therapeutic Recreational Services in expanding services.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Some experience preferred in providing recreation services to residents in a health care setting.
- Must possess current unencumbered valid state drivers license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible schedule evenings and weekends.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients