Primary Location: MD-MDRockville-11215 Woodglen Dr
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve.
Adult Day Health is seeking a dynamic and passionate person to serve as Activities Supervisor to develop, coordinate, and implement therapeutic, social, recreational, and educational activity programs for the clients.
Description Specific tasks include:
- Developing and implementing activity programs that meet the needs of each clients of the program according to the individualized plan of care goals
- Documenting client’s participation, pertinent changes, and progress
- Directing and supervising assigned ADH staff members
- Planning activities and social events for the ADH clients
- Developing monthly calendars of activities and events
- Coordinating recreational activities and outings
- Developing and implementing educational programs for ADH clients and staff members
- Evaluating appropriateness and effectiveness of activities for individuals and groups
- Assisting the Program management as necessary with other ADH services
- Performing other related duties and activities as required.
What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Associate’s degree, with a major in recreation, activity therapy or a related social or behavioral science
- 3 years of prior experience in the coordination of an activities program within a social or recreational setting
- Activities Certification preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Adult Day Health is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services.
With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!