Activity Coordinator Full-time
Primary Location: CA-CAPleasanton-446 Sycamore Rd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
- Complete resident assessments per CareMeridian's Policies and Procedures
- Observe and report changes in the resident's condition to the Charge Nurse.
- Initiate CPR if needed
- Participate in the development and updating of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care
- Maintain current and accurate progress notes
- Assist Interdisciplinary Team with resident needs, as appropriate; including, but not limited to, transfer, gait, ADL and cognitive activity
- Involve residents and their families and/or authorized representative in planning the activity program
- Maintain current calendar of activity program events including special occasions, holidays and off-site outings
- Schedule and maintain records for Resident and Family Council meetings
- Recommend equipment and supply needs to the Director of Nursing and place orders if approved
- Accurately maintain and reconcile records of all monies assigned to the Activities Program
- Follow CareMeridian's Safety Policy and Procedure at all times, including those for fire and disaster.
- Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents to the supervisor
- Transport resident using the company vehicle
- Participate in Performance Improvement Program
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Satisfactorily completed at least thirty‐six (36) hours of training in a course designed specifically for this position and approved by regulatory agencies is preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in a social or recreational program within the last five (5) years, one (1) year
- of which was full‐time in a resident activities program in a health care setting preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License preferred but not required.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with all staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative.
- Able to problem solve, plan and organize within scope of the position.
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.