Primary Location: CO-COLittleton-5945 S Wright St
Function:Activities and Recreation Services
CareMeridian Littleton s currently seeking an Activity Coordinator to plan, develop, organize and implement an on-going program of activities in accordance with the resident assessment and Interdisciplinary Plan of Care. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual’s unique needs at every stage of recovery.
Description CareMeridian is currently seeking an Activity Coordinator to plan, develop, organize and implement an on-going program of activities in accordance with the resident assessment and Interdisciplinary Plan of Care. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values. Essential Job Functions
- Complete resident assessments per CareMeridian's Policies and Procedures
- Observe and report changes in the resident's condition to the Charge Nurse.
- Initiate CPR if needed
- Participate in the development and updating of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care
- Maintain current and accurate progress notes
- Assist Interdisciplinary Team with resident needs, as appropriate; including, but not limited to, transfer, gait, ADL and cognitive activity
- Involve residents and their families and/or authorized representative in planning the activity program
- Maintain current calendar of activity program events including special occasions, holidays and off-site outings
- Schedule and maintain records for Resident and Family Council meetings
- Recommend equipment and supply needs to the Director of Nursing and place orders if approved
- Accurately maintain and reconcile records of all monies assigned to the Activities Program
- Follow CareMeridian's Safety Policy and Procedure at all times, including those for fire and disaster.
- Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents to the supervisor
- Transport resident using the company vehicle
- Participate in Performance Improvement Program
Qualifications: Requirements: Education:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Satisfactorily completed at least thirty‐six (36) hours of training in a course designed specifically for this position and approved by regulatory agencies is preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in a social or recreational program within the last five (5) years, one (1) year
- of which was full‐time in a resident activities program in a health care setting preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with all staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative.
- Able to problem solve, plan and organize within scope of the position.
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.