Title Actor / Historical Interpreter – Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Description
JOIN OUR FUN-EMPLOYED FAMILY!
This is a GREAT opportunity to LEARN about the history of our city and
get to RE-ENACT the past!!!
Become a CASTmember of the Nations Storyteller ®
Have fun as you bring to life the historic night of the Boston Tea Party!
Entertain guests by taking them on a journey back in time by touring the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum on a floating barge on the Congress Street Bridge!
Expand your performance repertoire as an actor and historical interpreter at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum ®
Come join the ranks of the FUN-employed at Historic Tours of America ®
We are now holding interviews for our PAID training program that will thoroughly prepare you to be an exceptional Actor! You will receive in-depth training that includes historical facts and anecdotes, best practices for learning scripted material, coaching sessions by seasoned actors and more.
Our ideal Actors have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one. A sincere love of history and the culture of our city is ideal.
Full-Time, Part-Time and Seasonal positions may be available.
Weekends/Holidays Required.Position Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- No prior knowledge is required, paid training is provided
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted materials and historical details
- Ability to work safely while wearing a costume
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to work independently over long periods of time within the scope of established rules and regulations to satisfy the needs of our guests
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person and via the telephone while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers and the general public
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Prior performance or interpretation experience preferred
- An interest in history is a plus
- All FT Employees are eligible for paid vacation time as well as company sponsored health and wellness plans
- All FT, PT and Seasonal employees are eligible for:
- Paid sick time
- 401K plan with company matching * * Eligibility requirements must apply
- Flexible schedules, including a combination of weekdays and weekends are available
- Fun, upbeat work environment with various award and recognition celebrations throughout the year
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all company attractions
Auditions are by appointment only
Please submit a cover-letter, resume, and headshot (if available)
Successful candidate must undergo a drug test and a background search
This position is currently accepting applications.