You're unique and so are we. Join our actuarial team and you'll work among an elite team of professionals who are helping to create historic results and an exceptional future for UnitedHealth Group.
As an Associate Actuarial Analyst, you'll be empowered, supported and encouraged to continue your professional development as you solve some of UnitedHealth Group's toughest challenges. You will use innovative tools including the largest database of health care information in the world. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Actuarial Analyst role is within UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement, Insurance Solutions, and will provide support for AARP Medicare Supplement rate filings.
- Assist in development and enhancement of actuarial models for use in Medicare Supplement rate filings
- Prepare Medicare Supplement rate filings
- Collaborate and communicate results and technical concepts
- Gather data needed for modeling and reporting
- Participate in meetings supporting rate filing development and tracking
- Perform various financial and statistical analyses in support of internal and external requests
- Maintain and update actuarial models and proactively identify solutions
- Create and review ad hoc exhibits based on detailed data sets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed 1 or more Actuarial exams
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (ie: formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, data manipulation)
- Strong Excel and database experience
- Located within a commutable distance to an UHG office location
- Proficiency creating and/or manipulating VBA macros and SQL queries
- Experience working in a corporate environment including experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing qualitative/quantitative data
- Experience working in the healthcare industry or finance
- Experience working with actuarial models
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuary, Actuary Analyst, Healthcare