Is it time to raise your game? Are you read to take on a more advanced role in tracking and effectively managing risk? As a member of our high performance actuarial team, you’ll help support UnitedHealth Group's growth and financial goals and while you help shape our future. As an Actuarial Analyst, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your actuarial expertise as you perform financial analysis and build models that improve health plan competitiveness. You’ll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Primary Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret quantitative data to create and review monthly/quarterly and ad hoc exhibits based on detailed data sets
- Perform data mining and analysis that impacts foundational pricing and risk assumptions
- Present claim-level analytics to health plan leaders
- Extract and compile group specific utilization data to support customer reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly claim forecasts
Are you ready to set the pace as an expert problem solver? You will be challenged with ensuring data makes sense and knowing when to dig deeper. You will also be tasked with communicating the results of your work in a meaningful way to broad audiences, including our valuable clients.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed 2 or more Actuarial exams
- 2+ years of experience working in a corporate environment including experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing qualitative/quantitative data
- Intermediate-advanced expertise working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel
- Intermediate experience programming in SQL and/or SAS
- Experience working in finance or the health care industry
- A basic level of proficiency with MS Access
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: actuary, healthcare, exams, excel, SAS, SQL, analytics, Minneapolis, MN, Eden Prairie